'46 Shift gate question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sirhrmechanic
    replied
    That is a '47 and up gate.

    The '41 - 46 gate was flat w. out the lip on the edge. I do not know if any late '46 bikes had that style of gate... or if the change came with the 'official' 47 model year changeover. Nothing surprises me with HD. They would evolve changes sometimes rather than just change everything at once. And like now, you could buy 'next year's' '47 model in late '46 so who knows if there was some transition.

    My tanks are out being painted now or I would post a picture.

    If you can wait until later today, I'll scan one out of a book.

    Cheers,

    Sirhr.

    Leave a comment:


  • T. Cotten
    started a topic '46 Shift gate question

    '46 Shift gate question

    Did all '46 machines come with the common style of shift gate?
    When did the gate shown in the attachment come into use;
    In the middle of the production year, or is it a retro-fit item?

    Thanks in advance,

    .....Cotten
    Attached Files
Working...