Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47 EL cylinders burning uneven, back lean front rich

Hi,
    I have recently been given the honor of the car and feeding of our family's 47EL. I got the old girl running and made a short ride. On return I removed the spark plugs as it was hard to start and idle was not smooth. The back cylinder is slightly lean while the front is rich. Has the old linkert carb on it. Any ideas?
    Changine the oil was going to use 20-50 for now and straight when the weather finally warms up.
    The throttle seems like it has a lot of slop which makes stop lights interesting.

FLmike!

It most likely suffers from a vacuum leak;
    A simple test upon your manifold assembly can be performed with constant airpressure and soapy water:
    http://virtualindian.org/11techleaktest.html

If it passes this test without a trace of leakage, we can go on to other things, like plug wires, coil, valve adustment, etc.

Good luck!

...Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Cotten, thanks a lot I will give it a shot and report back! New here so thanks for the quick reply. My Dad may have been on here a while ago but took ill little more than a year ago. You may have seen Knucklehead Duane and a yellow and white bike at some of the meets and you will again soon's I make sure she is road worthy.

Comment

Working...
      X