What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this?

I don't have the part number 43303-48 in any of my books. Can anybody identify this? I think it's for springers but not sure.concrete 700.jpgconcrete 704.jpgconcrete 699.jpgconcrete 706.jpg

That's an anti thought detection beanie.Ya need ta send it to me so it don't get in the wrong hands.
    front wheel hub cap.

Comment

You probably need to look in an accessory catalog. I have a 48 catalog somewhee and will try to look. Jerry

Comment

It might be the rear hubcap that was in the Deluxe solo group on the 49 Panhead.

Comment

Google the part number followed by Harley
          "The following are NOS, 43303-48 front hubcap, $200" ...bill
          Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
            You probably need to look in an accessory catalog. I have a 48 catalog somewhee and will try to look. Jerry
            I don't have the catalog, that's why I'm asking

Comment

Originally posted by jwl View Post
              It might be the rear hubcap that was in the Deluxe solo group on the 49 Panhead.
              With the part numberon the pictured box it has "Front Hub Cap"

Comment

It is front for '48 and '49 Spring fork model Big Twins, 43300-48 is the rear one. The rear has a different spacer that extends out further to make up the difference between the frame rail and wheel. The '49 Hydra-Glide 43303-49 one has a thick ring on it and no hole for lug access.
                Robbie
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
                  It is front for '48 and '49 Spring fork model Big Twins, 43300-48 is the rear one. The rear has a different spacer that extends out further to make up the difference between the frame rail and wheel. The '49 Hydra-Glide 43303-49 one has a thick ring on it and no hole for lug access.
                  Robbie
                  Was it an accessory that was purchased at the dealer or an assembly line option or both? Thanks for all the great answers!-Bob

Comment

I just had a chance to look at my 48 accessory catalog and it's listed in there for $3.50. It is not listed on the 48 order blank so I think it's safe to say that it was only available as an accessory from the dealer.

Comment

Working...
                    X