1947 generator strap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1947 generator strap

I know the strap is painted,but is the stud painted also or is it parkerized?

It's Parkerized. I just parkerized the whole thing, mask off the stud and paint. Bob L
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I have a painted NOS generator strap with a cad stud, cad beveled washer and a parkerized nut -- wonder what years it is for.

Jerry

Comment

Bob
        Thank you very much.
        George Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
          I have a painted NOS generator strap with a cad stud, cad beveled washer and a parkerized nut -- wonder what years it is for.

Jerry
          Jerry, I just went by the originals I had. Even the beveled washers appeared to be parkerized. Seventy- years of wear and filth and cad my appear parkerized. Bob
          AMCA #3149
          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by gallen View Post
            I know the strap is painted,but is the stud painted also or is it parkerized?
            Hi Bob
            Another question about the generator strap. The first one I had was pitted so I found another one and saw that they are not the same.
            Holding the straps side by side with studs facing me, one strap has a notch just above the mounting hole and to the left. The other strap has no notch and is about 3/8 to 1/2 inch shorter. Which one is correct? Thanks George

Comment

The straight one is OHV, the notched one is SV.
              Robbie
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Robbie
                Thank you very much
                George

Comment

Working...
                X