Tail lite shroud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail lite shroud

Any thought out there on the correctness of the repopped tail lite shrouds available?
    On brand better than another? Or are they all coming from the same chinese stamping die?
    Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim. If you are sure some of these tail lights with Harley Davidson stamped on them are comming from China then there may be more than one source.
    The recent samples that have the correct Harley Davidson name stamped into them are from Poland.
    They hit the ebay circut in the last six months.
    The Polish manufacturer came into my stall at Davenport with one of the examples of his 41-46 tail lights and some of the early "36-39" brake light switches.
    I bought one of the brake light switches for my 37 and a mate from the Tennasee bought all the rest that the guy had in his back pack.
    I cant think of his name but he's a nice guy and does excellent quality on the brake light switch.
    I guess this does not actually answer your enquirey on the tail light, but if he has thrown the same passion into the manufacture of the tail light that he has for the exactness of the switches, they will be good. I remember him saying he wasn't happy with the heads of the screws on the side of the tail light but he said he was onto a source of the right one.
    I dont have a bike in that range so I didnt pay a lot of attention. I was too busy pulling apart my switch and looking at the bakerlite washer and the exactness of everything

I have his card and details but I better not post it here.
    I have heard grandma HD can get a grumpy going when people use her name.
    And there is no reason why she wouldnt be peeping in on these threads.
    Email me for his contact.
    Regards Steve
    Last edited by Steve Little; 11-08-2010, 08:35 PM.
    Steve Little
    Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
    Australia.
    AMCA member 1950

Comment

Thanks Steve, The part I am inquiring about is the sheet metal shroud.

Comment

I have an original H-D NOS 36 to 38 Retrofit Fender Flap with the Shroud. (NOT for sale) Send me an email and I will send you some photos of that one and some originals. Use the Photos to compare them with the repops. I know a friend of mine used the V-Twin one on a 37 or 38 Fender he was working on. After he was done I could not tell it from the originals. What is important when installing one is how the tail Light assy sits on the fender. If the Light Bracket or the fender are bent or distorted the Light will sit funny inside the shroud. John P. chief348@juno.com

Comment

Working...
        X