knucklehead primary chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knucklehead primary chain

Need to replace my fiqure eight primary chain.Where is the best place to get one?Is the V-Twin replacement chain any good?Can I run the 65 an later oval style primary chain?Thanks Tom

Tom,
    The later flat sideplate chain is fine in a Knuckle but not vice-versa. The flat link chain was designed to work with the nylon adjuster shoe but works just fine on older non shoe models. The figure eight chain will saw right through an adjuster shoe.
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

thanks Rub.

Comment

A little help please. I just got a 47 Knuckle that has been converted to a BELT DRIVE. I've turned the oiler all the way down until it bottomed out. What do I need to do to keep the engine from spitting oil vapor on the rubber belt?

Comment

Even with the adjuster screw all the way in, oil mist will continue to emit from the tube.
          When running a belt drive, the solution is to cut the 90* portion off the tube and add a piece of rubber tubing, such as fuel line, secured with a hose clamp. Then rotate the entire vent tube so the new rubber hose points to the transmission drive sprocket, effectively creating a rear chain oiler. If cutting an OEM part troubles you like it does me, buy a cheap repop and cut it instead.
          Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks, that's a great solution & like YOU, I cringe at cutting an OEM part so re-pop is the way to go. Thanks for the speedy response. Ride Safe.

Comment

Working...
            X