Knucklehead information and sources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knucklehead information and sources

Hello Knucklehead guru's. I've always loved the antique motorcycles and am now in a position to seriously start to build one. I don't believe I have the funds to buy a barn fresh project. So my only option that I see is to build one from sourced parts. I have no idea of sources other than watching ebay or CL, however, I don't want to totally rely on that. I have no connection in the knucklehead world, so that's why I have joined the AMCA. I hope those here can provide advice, perhaps sources, roads or paths to take to get me headed in the right direction. Suggested books, manuals, parts sources. ect.

I realize this will be a long process and perhaps expensive, but I just need to get started sometime, so that time is now. I've tried to email Carl and Matt Olsen, but I guess they haven't embraced the new technology and don't respond to me. Any advice, guidance, suggestions, leads, or mentoring is appreciated. I hope to make some new friends.

regards,
    TC
    AMCA 26656

47EL
    47WL

This is the place for information. The Olsen's are also here on occasion.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Read all you can find, go to the meets and Flea Markets, talk to people. Every person I have met at the meets loves this stuff and once you get'm started, sometime it hard to turn them off.
      Learn all you can before you dive in.
      And above all be patient
      Good Luck
      W

Comment

knuclehead resource

The first thing I bought was Bruce Palmer lll restoration book, It covers flatheads, knuckleheads and panheads. great amount of information. Good luck, Woody

ps The Olson's are into in depth deadlines right now from what I have read trying to meet their goals for Sturgis and the Cannonball run. Great guys very talented. Hope this helps also,
        Last edited by woodys garage; 07-16-2010, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by woodys garage View Post
          The first thing I bought was Bruce Palmer lll restoration book, It covers flatheads, knuckleheads and panheads. great amount of information. Good luck, Woody

ps The Olson's are into in depth deadlines right now from what I have read trying to meet their goals for Sturgis and the Cannonball run. Great guys very talented. Hope this helps also,

Thanks everyone! I do have the Bruce Palmer lll restoration book. In fact, I forgot I had it and bought it a second time.

Matt did finally shoot me an email and they are swamped. I'll probably will get back to them in October when the cannonball is done and things maybe slow down.
          AMCA 26656

47EL
          47WL

Comment

Originally posted by tomcat1 View Post
            I've tried to email Carl and Matt Olsen, but I guess they haven't embraced the new technology and don't respond to me. Any advice, guidance, suggestions, leads, or mentoring is appreciated. I hope to make some new friends.

regards,
            TC
            I feel the need to clear this up. This wasn't in any way ment to be a complaint or disrespect. It was ment as a tongue in cheek humorous comment in fun. I apologize if this came accross as anything disrespectful. My humor can be very suttle if you don't know me. Sorry for any confusion. Please accept my humble appology.

Sean
            AMCA 26656

47EL
            47WL

Comment

Working...
            X