Who restores frames?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who restores frames?

Does anyone know who to trust for a correct frame restoration? I've read a lot of talk of the great ones having passed, which is sad to hear. Who does everyone trust out there? I'm up in Alaska, so I haven't been able to hit the meets like I'd like to. I have a late knuck frame that needs help. Thanks
    Steve

I'd be glad to refer you to Dick at Wasco Frame, in Tacoma Washington. I can tell you that he cherried out my '52 FL frame, after two other supposed "expert" shops failed miserably. He straightened the rear legs of the frame, replaced the top motor mount (again--- first shop didn't even catch it, second shop totally buggered it up), repaired some bogus work previously done by aforementioned "expert shop", corrected the location of the toolbox bracket, added horn blocks, .... I don't remember what all else, but he went over everything and restored to original configuration. Dick's been around a long time, been working on Harley frames for over 35 years. Give him a call. But I'll tell ya right now, cheap work isn't good, and good work isn't cheap.
    Here's a link to his website, but don't let the photos of the "other" motorcycles fool ya--- Dick is truly an 'expert' on vintage Harley frames!

http://www.wascoframe.com/

Comment

Thank you Rooster, I'll check him out.
      Steve

Comment

i am in central wa. and found a frame and sheetmetal guy who does excellent work.the guy has been doing frames and sheetmetal for over 35 yrs.he has has fixed three frames for me,two previously done,one knuckle one pan.he also has restored several vintage fenders for me.he does not have aphone if you would like to know more call me mon.-fri at my shop 509 782 4836 thanks dan

Comment

Working...
        X