Oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak

Connected with the pervious thread but somehow different, I was quite shocked when I unscrewed the drain plug of the gear case to drain that wrong valvoline and realize very little came out.

I did myself the refill of that valvoline pouring certainly in excess: until the fill-in hole and on the side stand.

Now the question is: through where am I loosing so much? For me the perfect candidate is the main beating to the clutch, but being this one pretty "in the middle" this shouldn't be the reason of loosing almost everything.

I took the cover of the primary to proceed with the cleaning of the clutch as an other thread recommended me to solve the dragging and it was a lake of oil in it. How can this be?

Any recommendation will be welcomed!

Many thanks and kind regards.

Chris.

Oil leak

Chris,
    Have you checked the chain oiler setting? You may need to take out some of the washer/shims and get to the factory setting.Or the bypass spring or ball may be bad/stuck or a dirty orifice and dumping oil. You could also have a main shaft bearing leak on the tranny. My 46 knuck leaks at the main shaft bearing but my chain is nice and oily clean and I just wear a black tee shirt. I just check it before I ride and keep adding oil. At least it always has fresh oil like my VL's. Some day I will replace the seal but it has been that way for almost 40 years!

Rollo
    AMCA #12766

Comment

Working...
    X