Another set of Brass Risers to ID please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another set of Brass Risers to ID please

Thank-you all for the info on the last set of risers I had a question about. Here is another set I have that has the number 40 stamped on each one. I was told Flanders but interested to know if anyone else made these type of risers? Thanks again, Rick
    Attached Files

Those are Flanders. And the number is 4.0 not 40 and means they are 4 inches center to center. the most common is 3.5 but they came in a wide range of sizes. They are all cast bronze and were plated but the plating has worn off of many examples. The only others are modern reproductions from the Far East.
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thank-you for that info I appreciate it. I noticed while taking the pictures one of them is bent. Do you know if this something someone can be straighten out? Would be happy to hear from someone. Thanks again, Rick

Comment

These risers are easy to straighten, apply reasonable force in the opposite direction of the bend. You will need to support the end(s) in the press. An arbor press will work fine, you don't need a hydraulic press in many cases.
        Lonnie Campbell #9908
        South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

I usually put them on a riser clamp and slap them straight with a big leather mallet. They are very mallable.

Jerry

Comment

Thank-you all for the info. Off to try my best!

Comment

Working...
            X