m35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m35

I have a couple of partial carbs laying around. I want to put together an m35 to run on a 1947 knuckle. Did the m35 have 2 plugs in the body, and no fixed jet? This would mean that the high speed mixture is controlled strictly by the high speed needle, is that correct?

Also, if I put an m74b venturi into the m35, would I have to change the nozzle?

Thanks,
    Paul

Originally posted by PaulV View Post
    I have a couple of partial carbs laying around. I want to put together an m35 to run on a 1947 knuckle. Did the m35 have 2 plugs in the body, and no fixed jet? This would mean that the high speed mixture is controlled strictly by the high speed needle, is that correct?

Also, if I put an m74b venturi into the m35, would I have to change the nozzle?

Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul!

Your first paragraph is almost correct:
    Although the HS needle dominates the HS mixture, the LS circuit reverses itself to provide air. Therefore, a richer LS setting provides a leaner HS mixture.

This means that fine tuning requires alternating between the needles until the best balance is achieved.

On to the venturi and nozzle swap,
    We anxiously await your results!

(I have only heard anecdotal results, nearly always clouded by shrunken, loose venturies, uncontrolled vacuum leaks, loose nuts on the handlebars, etc. My own experience favors the M74B combination for modern highway duty, as I found a return to 1 1/8" disappointing.)

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 03-26-2010, 07:29 AM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
    X