1947 UU frame on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1947 UU frame on ebay

Some time back, someone from this forum emailed me about sourcing a late 47 frame.
    The frame you want is on ebay at the moment.... Item number: 130365772132 with 21hrs, when I looked.

The guy has listed it as 41 to 46

It is the last style 1947 frame.

It has the UU on the right side of the neck in the big triangle and also on the UU on the left top side of the seatpost cluster. The revision numbers I can see are all correct for this frame.
    Looks like someone put a low front tank mount on upside down.
    Good luck
    Steve
    Steve Little
    Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
    Australia.
    AMCA member 1950

Vin /and Late 47 Frame

Do you know about what VIN number they went to the latter frame in 1947 ?Thanks Tom

Comment

Hi Tom.
      I dont know exactly when the change was implamented.
      There are 3 styles of frames for the last part of 1947. I should say that they are all constucted and appear exactly the same but have different marking. As follows: There is the UU frame. There is a frame that has DPU on the neck and there is a frame that has none of these markings but has the normal part numbers etc. They all ran at the same time and I dont know the significance of the different markings yet "but I have a theory".
      I have been logging engine numbers to frames.
      The latest number I have seen on a "Known History bike" Bullneck 47EL529*.
      This doesent mean the change to the later frame was implemented then, but it is the latest number I have seen to date.
      I have written in my notes that someone on this forum has said the change was around 6000.
      Regards Steve
      Steve Little
      Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
      Australia.
      AMCA member 1950

Comment

Working...
      X