dual carb knuck and bad info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual carb knuck and bad info

I was looking over some old posts on the american iron blog and read the replies to a guy asking about building and mounting dual carbs on a knuck and was quite amused on the replies about how complicated it has to be to do this. special cam grinding, special linkage and carb synching, and special throttle cabling and that it will be in the shop? all the time and not a runnable bike. people seem to have forgot what used to be done with what they had.
    alot of hot air from folks that havent done or dont know what they are talking about trying to talk someone out of a doable project or give bad info. my pics of my dual linkert knuck that i ride all the time are too big for this forum. if you want to see how it can be done email me and i will send you pics or tell me how to make my pics smaller to post here. i have ridden my dual carb knuck all over the country and locally. I am running dual M-53 A1's with bombsights. the only thing is jetting them right. If my thread has a tone to it, it is because i have been reading these blogs and have noticed that there are doers and don"ters
    .the doers/experimenters always seem to have that good ole try it attitude and diseminate some neat info and the don'ters just flap crap that doesnt help at all. if you don't have the guts or no how to try don't say a thing. the reason for my tirade is that some of this info has hit close to home from a good freind that got ahold of some bad info and help from an AMCA member while trying to rebuild his knuck hisself and it caused him to screw up and some undo heavy cost$. so if you dont know shut up and learn!

“Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious...”
    “Information is not knowledge.”
    Love you all man, horns up, rock on!
    BJ
    bjk47@juno.com
    Ramona Ca.
    this is how you do it right?
    certified journeyman welder, senior welding inspector, commercial hard hat diver and underwater welder/construction, underwater welding instructor for the US Navy, former Marine and have been riding my 47 since 1974

47 dual linkert knuck, 47 knuck, 39 knuck, 41 knuck, 45 knuck and no they are not restored refurbished or barn fresh. just some good ole engines brought back into service with the parts that i have and can get and built from scratch by me in the house or shed or garage depending on where i am living. I am working on a 43 UL engine now in the house. I could use some good info on big twin flatties please. Victory is out of the 80 performance booklet and i dont have any real sources i can trust. thanks
    BJK47

You could post your pictures to photobucket.com then they would display here perfectly.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by bjk47 View Post
      I was looking over some old posts on the american iron blog and read the replies to a guy asking about building and mounting dual carbs on a knuck and was quite amused on the replies about how complicated it has to be to do this. special cam grinding, special linkage and carb synching, and special throttle cabling and that it will be in the shop? all the time and not a runnable bike. people seem to have forgot what used to be done with what they had.
      alot of hot air from folks that havent done or dont know what they are talking about trying to talk someone out of a doable project or give bad info. my pics of my dual linkert knuck that i ride all the time are too big for this forum. if you want to see how it can be done email me and i will send you pics or tell me how to make my pics smaller to post here. i have ridden my dual carb knuck all over the country and locally. I am running dual M-53 A1's with bombsights. the only thing is jetting them right. If my thread has a tone to it, it is because i have been reading these blogs and have noticed that there are doers and don"ters
      .the doers/experimenters always seem to have that good ole try it attitude and diseminate some neat info and the don'ters just flap crap that doesnt help at all. if you don't have the guts or no how to try don't say a thing. the reason for my tirade is that some of this info has hit close to home from a good freind that got ahold of some bad info and help from an AMCA member while trying to rebuild his knuck hisself and it caused him to screw up and some undo heavy cost$. so if you dont know shut up and learn!

“Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious...”
      “Information is not knowledge.”
      Love you all man, horns up, rock on!
      BJ
      bjk47@juno.com
      Ramona Ca.
      this is how you do it right?
      certified journeyman welder, senior welding inspector, commercial hard hat diver and underwater welder/construction, underwater welding instructor for the US Navy, former Marine and have been riding my 47 since 1974

47 dual linkert knuck, 47 knuck, 39 knuck, 41 knuck, 45 knuck and no they are not restored refurbished or barn fresh. just some good ole engines brought back into service with the parts that i have and can get and built from scratch by me in the house or shed or garage depending on where i am living. I am working on a 43 UL engine now in the house. I could use some good info on big twin flatties please. Victory is out of the 80 performance booklet and i dont have any real sources i can trust. thanks
      Unless I am missing something in your post I believe you are referring to the posts on how to mount a pair of stock Harley front cylinders and heads on a Panhead to get an XR 750 look.

I have a dual carb Panhead with the carbs mounted side by side using modified front and read Harley Pan heads.
      Buzz Kanter
      Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
      [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
      [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Working...
      X