No announcement yet.

Quick education in Kick Starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, I'm with you. I've always stood off to the side to boot my junk over.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

I don't remember anyone giving points for style..... I do it either way. If I'm leaving right that moment I straddle, kick & ride. If I'm gonna let her warm up a bit I stand to the side, kick, and go get my gear while she idles a spell. So just do what is easiest for you and don't worry what the other guy thinks.
      Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Aside or Astride?

Speaking of style, years ago on the way home from a camping trip with loaded down bikes, we stopped at a busy cafe for breakfast. After eating we went out to our bikes parked right in front of the main windows. I straddled my bike, gave the kicker a good poke, and.... the sidestand snapped! I managed to sidestep the falling bike, and picked it right up while checking out the corner of my eye to see if anyone noticed, yeah-right! After starting the bike I was rather anxious to leave, but I had to wait for my so-called friends to stop laughing thier a...s off! For years after that I always started my bikes "straight-up", sidestand folded, still do sometimes. Glad I wasn't starting with my left foot.
        Doug.
        Doug McLaughlin #6607
        NorCal, USA

Comment

Doug, that has always been in the back of my mind when I start my Chief. I don't trust castings for a job like that and on an Indian, that can be a hell of a job. Now that you have told that story, it's really going to bug me.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Doug, I wasn't even there and I'm giggling
            Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Working...
            X