Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring route

Dear all,

I have bought a replica of the wiring set for my 47 Knuck to the replace the one I have now which is a mess. I have also some connection diagram.

What I miss is material to tell me the original routes of the cables. Palmer's book is only helping me very partially on this subject...

Somebody from the community being able to help?

Many thanks and kind regards!

Chris.

Chris......maybe give these fellas a try........

http://www.carlscyclesupply.com/
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

repop wiring

Chris,
      Take the time to solder all your terminals on your repop harness,will save you headaches later.
      Ken S., # 6457
      1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
      1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

I like that recommendation, Pirate! This is a 15 minutes task with the harness still on the work bench! Many thanks!

If somebody took some close up pictures of his own 47FL restoration, this is also a huge help! The toughest ones for me are of course the harnesses between tanks, the harnesses around the coil, relay and generator. The "spaghetti" in the horn-headlamp-spot light zone are for sure also a challenge (for me)... I guess here only pictures can help me!

Thanks to all!

Chris.

Comment

HI chris,
          I am just finishing up a 47 fl right now. I have been posting detail pics of it on my blog, check it out, and you will hopefully see what you need to see. You should be able to see all of the wiring pics that you need. Here is the link-- www.oldbikesinsd.blogspot.com
          best regads.
          Matt Olsen
          A.M.C.A. Board Member

www.oldbikesinsd.blogspot.com

www.pre1916scramble.blogspot.com

Comment

Nice bike, Matt! Congrats!

I missed a picture of the wiring around the dash base... Did I search properly?

Many thanks and kind regards,

Chris.

Comment

Working...
            X