Two different fonts on belly numbers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Speeding Big Twin
    replied
    Originally posted by Jdiesel25 View Post
    Two different fonts for the 4's on belly numbers?
    For 46 Knuckle BNs, at that stage of numbering, different 4s is normal procedure IF they are consistent with types used at the factory. And obviously there are other things to be taken into account as well.

    Please ask the seller to post extremely clear close-ups of both BNs. And a close-up of the SN.
    Eric







    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry Wieland
    replied
    Originally posted by Jdiesel25 View Post
    Two different fonts for the 4’s on belly numbers?

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/14674169440...3Avlp_homepage
    I cannot say whether or not this is untampered with but it is not unusual to have mixed fonts in serial numbers and case matching numbers. I have some 46 cases I can possibly check. After further checking I think the # on the right case has been restamped. You can actually see the grind marks by the 46-.


    Jerry

    Leave a comment:


  • Jdiesel25
    started a topic Two different fonts on belly numbers

    Two different fonts on belly numbers

    Two different fonts for the 4’s on belly numbers?

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/14674169440...3Avlp_homepage
Working...