Picture of front fender lamp wire on 47 FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture of front fender lamp wire on 47 FL

Prepping a repop front fender on a 47FL, I have an original front fender lamp that I have mounted. In reading Palmer, its sounds like the wire runs in a mounted tube (have a colony kit) which exits the fender under the front fork. Would anyone be able to post a pic of this exit location? Do most people use this method? or some other way? Understand this wire is routed directly to the ignition switch. As always, thanks for the help

I am not sure this is 100% correct but it is how it is on my 47FL IMG_2439.JPG
    Erik Bahl

1929 BMW R63
    1915 Harley Davidson 11F Twin

Comment

Thanks!!
      Could you show a pic of the top side of the fender?

Comment

I had some free time this morning so I went to the HD museum to snap a photo of the 47EL they have on display. It was very hard to get a good photo. The one I have attached shows relative position of the exit hole on the fender. The tube definitely extends past the top of the fender by 3/4" then the asphalt loom goes the rest of the way. I was curious how the passage of the tube occurred after reading Palmers description. Will need to work this a bit on the fender to get an acceptable outcome HD 47fender wire.jpg
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

This is what I ended up doing to replicate the picture above 6F11BDA9-2B3D-4371-BBD5-F72833A0C824.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X