Knucklehead 1946 horn mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knucklehead 1946 horn mount

I am fitting an original horn & mount to my bike But I cannot workout how the 2 x 03838A fillister screws mount the bracket .The parts book shows p/n 11365-47 & 4955-47.The parts book says p/n 4966-66 1937 to 1948. then it says 4858-36 1937 to 1946

Surely some body can tell me or post some pics on how to mount the horn

Comment

Originally posted by macca View Post
      Surely some body can tell me or post some pics on how to mount the horn
      Calm down, everyone isn't putting their lives on hold waiting for a question...

Forget any part number of -47 and above, it did not exist in '46. Hence the last two digits in the part number which refer to first year of use. What year parts book are you using? The '48 book is the best for you, there was no book published in '46 or '47.
      Last edited by Rubone; 06-22-2024, 07:53 PM.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

LOL Sorry but 63 views & no body know any thing about Knuckles.I have a Big twin 1936 to 48 parts book ,2 service manuals & all of the Palmer books but no details on 1946 horn fitment that I can make sense of.Yes I realize that the last 2 digets are the year. I am trying work out what type of head light bracket I should be using & what type of horn braket & how all the insulators bolts & screws work

Comment

Wasn't the shock instead of sliders (dampners) a mid-year 1946 change? If it was then the headlight mount and the horn mounting system would have changed. Effected by your engine numbers. Possible? Just asking?
          DrSprocket

Comment

Originally posted by macca View Post
            LOL Sorry but 63 views & no body know any thing about Knuckles.I have a Big twin 1936 to 48 parts book ,2 service manuals & all of the Palmer books but no details on 1946 horn fitment that I can make sense of.Yes I realize that the last 2 digets are the year. I am trying work out what type of head light bracket I should be using & what type of horn braket & how all the insulators bolts & screws work
            Page 1047 of Palmer's Third edition volume two shows a perfect example of the horn mounting for '46.
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Vin number could definitely have a bearing on which bracket you use depending on early or late but as Robbie says Palmers shows it.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
              AMCA #12766

Comment

Ok I will look Thanks for the replies So now can some body run a tap over a front mud guard & tell me the distance from the mud guard tip to the center of the horn mount holes.

Comment

These factory photos should answer all of your questions.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 2 photos.
                  Last edited by Chris Haynes; 06-24-2024, 10:42 PM.
                  Be sure to visit;
                  http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                  Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                  Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Thanks Chris Yes they sure did No all I need is the correct measurement to drill the holes

Comment

Ok i have the horn mounted I just need the measurement from the front of the guard to the bolt hole centres.I do not trust the repo braket I will need to adjust it to suite where the holes are from factory I think
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X