Early or Late 1947 Knucklehead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early or Late 1947 Knucklehead

How can I tell if my 47 Knuckle motor is early or late? I've got a bullneck frame that I know is early 47. I want know if my motor is going to go with the frame.

How many digits are in your serial number? All the late '47s I have ever seen have 5 digits. Not sure at what # the frame changed. Anyone know? Robbie

Comment

It has 5 digits. I was afraid that was the story. Anyone have a late frame that needs a really nice Bullneck frame?

Comment

It seems to me, that they went to the later 47 frame.
        around 7000 ser. no. Although, I have a barn fresh, unrestored
        original paint, narrow brace fenders. 47E 45xx - bought from original owners, son. With the later frame LJH
        P.S. I have a late 47 frame I will bring to Oley

Comment

LJH
          Is the frame all stock? How much do you think you would be asking? I am probably going to go to PA. looking for a frame. I will also have to sell my frame. E-mail me if you can help.
          gallen3452@adelphia.net.
          Thanks George Allen

Comment

gallen Id be interested in your frame and Im alots closer that PA!! I could meet you at Dysarts in Bangor

Comment

INLINE4NUT
              I'm in Bangor.
              I have a shop in the Bomarc Industrial Park.
              My phone is 941-9730
              Tuesday through Friday 9-5
              Sat. 9-12
              Thanks gallen

Comment

GALLEN,Ill give you a call is there any chance you are in the SMC ? I know most of the founding fathers.

Comment

I was.

Comment

Gallen bought a MC from Alley (was from Hawai) @ Bomarc some time ago went up for a two hour trip stayed all nite what a time ????

Comment

More than likely I"ve met you . What bike did you buy from Ollie?
                      I was one of the guys who started the Bangor Chapter. My shop is in the same park that you bought the mc. Give me a call sometime .

Comment

Gallen will do one of my childern is recovering from surgery will give you a calll next week,Im sure we will laugh!

Comment

VIN vs frame type

Is there any information available as to model U and UL VINs and which motor numbers were put in bullneck or late '47 frames? Any help is appreciated.
                          Pat

Comment

Pat,
                            I can't help you but maybe Harbor Vintage Motor Co. can help you.
                            They specialize in VL's but maybe they can help with the UL also.
                            www.harborvintage.com.
                            George Allen

Comment

'47 U VIN

Thanks George, I'll give HV a try.
                              Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X