46/ 47 Bullneck frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 46/ 47 Bullneck frame

Hi everyone, I have questions about this bullneck frame i just acquired on whether it is original. It has all the correct casting numbers, hallmarks and die numbers on all cast parts except the neck. It has casting number but no hallmark or die number. Palmers book says theres a version of the neck without hallmark, but there is an upside down 1 on rh steering stop. It also looks like work has been done around that area. The rear of the frame looks real and one of the bottom tubes is squished a bit. Also note the toolbox mount holes. There is grind marks where bracket holes would be not sure if they were filled? I did lots of research and all repop frames I could find either didnt have any casting numbers or hallmarks, and the one I saw that did the die numbers didn't correlate to palmers chart. Just wondering what someone whos seen lots of these frames thinks? Thanks!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    Last edited by tdem73; 03-13-2024, 08:17 PM.

This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

I believe it to be real. Jerry

Comment

The speedometer mount with "XE-35" appears to be a replacement. If you look closely you can see that it has been welded on and the welds were ground down but are still visible.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thats what I was wondering but didn’t know they made just that piece, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by gitguy View Post
              The speedometer mount with "XE-35" appears to be a replacement. If you look closely you can see that it has been welded on and the welds were ground down but are still visible.
              And whoever did it did a great job, most I've seen have goobered weld left over.
              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
              X