VTwinn coil 6 Volt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VTwinn coil 6 Volt

Vtwinn shows 2 different part numbers for the 6 volt replica coil. 32-7588 5ohm and 32-1434 What is the difference . Does any on else make a coil or make the mounting bracket . I have a box of Panhead coils i would like to convert to Knucklehead.

One is listed as Volt Tech brand and the other labeled as V Twin brand as well as replica....Not sure if they are both 5 ohm being it'll only states it on the one. One would need them both in hand to test and look over. I'm not sure how their tech service line is but maybe worth a call?

Comment

I personally won't waste my money on VTwin coils anymore. Have a new one on my bench that doesn't work....cant return. We have an AMCA member making high quality, Built in Denver USA coils that are awesome, I am running one of his 12v on my 58 and have a 6V on my 30VL. Will be ordering another 6V for my knuck project. Can't say enough about the product and the customer service.
      They are not cheap! I guess nothing these days really is....

Jeff Goorman
      Bulldog Brothers Garage
      303-435-3212
      jeffro1@gmail.com

I believe he is also on Facebook

Comment

Good to know information.

Comment

Jeff Goorman
          Bulldog Brothers Garage
          303-435-3212

Using his coils, Great results "Good Parts aren't cheap!... Cheap parts aren't good". Still kicking at 68years old, don't need trouble, I'm almost out of gas! With the addition of Quick Start 2000 riding a vintage bike is a dream. Always a pleasure to be in a group of vintage bikes and start first kick , as your buddies are kicking and kicking....

Comment

Originally posted by eddiepanhead View Post
            I personally won't waste my money on VTwin coils anymore. Have a new one on my bench that doesn't work....cant return. We have an AMCA member making high quality, Built in Denver USA coils that are awesome, I am running one of his 12v on my 58 and have a 6V on my 30VL. Will be ordering another 6V for my knuck project. Can't say enough about the product and the customer service.
            They are not cheap! I guess nothing these days really is....

Jeff Goorman
            Bulldog Brothers Garage
            303-435-3212
            jeffro1@gmail.com

I believe he is also on Facebook
            I seconds Jeff's coils. I've got a few thousand trouble free miles. I never worry about it like I did with the v twin one I previously had. Worth every penny.

Comment

Jeff Gorman's coils are the only way to go.
              cannonball proven.

Comment

Jeff's 12V coil worked for the Cross Country Chase on my WL, zero issues. I have a box full of destroyed V Twin coils from all of the usual sources, all junk. Jeff's coil also has the terminals on the correct side for proper wiring, good luck.

Comment

Jeff's coils have never let me down

Comment

Are Jeff's coils all new construction, or is he adding new internals to an original housing? Can anyone post a picture of one? Thanks.
                    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

12V Coil on my 58
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Thank you.
                        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Jeff's coil on my WL, I roughed up the finish to try and match the bike a little better, Wildwood added the sand.
                          IMG_2700.JPG

Comment

Big Lake Bob

My coils are new construction. I have posted a few pictures of my coils the pictures of my 1930-47 for some reason will not post. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. Want to say thanks to everyone for all the input.

Jeff Goorman.
                            Bulldogbrothersgarage@gmail.com
                            303-435-3212
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by jeffrro1; 11-11-2023, 12:53 PM.

Comment

A few photos of one of my 1930-47 coils.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X