1937 dash hump in front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 dash hump in front

My 1937 dash has a hump in 1937 dash hump (2).JPGthe front right side.I thought I read some were that is suppose to be there ?

Having worked with sheet metal for sometime now it sure likes like a dent left and left top of "hump". The bump appears to be level with the metal to the right of it. I could be wet behind the ears though.
    DrSprocket

Comment

Originally posted by RichO View Post
      Having worked with sheet metal for sometime now it sure likes like a dent left and left top of "hump". The bump appears to be level with the metal to the right of it. I could be wet behind the ears though.
      There is a crown above the hump.I will work that out.

Comment

That is how you tell if it is real or not, before 38 the police bikes had a cable operated speedo lock and that hump is for clearance. I hope you did not take it out and ruin the originality of it, but on the other hand most of your body men and painters are so slow that you have not got around to bastardizing it yet.
        Good luck Dan
        http://www.carlscyclesupply.com

Comment

Hand me a towel and I'll dry behind my ears. I wonder if the factory made a special press die to squeeze a dash panel out for the Police units or moded stock (normal) items for that function?
          DrSprocket

Comment

Working...
          X