springer forks from poland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• springer forks from poland

has anyone had any experience with these i was wondering how good they are I'm just building a rider and need a off set fork

The Polish ones are probably the ones sold by Samwel and W&W. I'm told V-Twin stopped buying them and now sources cheaper ones from China. The Polish ones look good but I have not ridden a bike with them fitted. They are available in various oversizes plus chrome if you are going for a bobber look.

Comment

I bought one at Oley many years ago, At first the rockers tended to stick in operation due to a slight misalignment, I was able to tweak the rear legs and now it works fine.

Comment

I have a Polish rear leg with the rest OEM on a bike with about 5000 miles and it appears to be be built well and has worked good for those 5000 miles. I bought a complete unit for another bike I just finished up. I had an OEM spring fork and springs so I used them but the rest is Polish and it looks and works good but I have only put 75 miles on so far. I did strip the powder coat and then paint and Parkeize . In my opinion the Polish built repop parts are good quality.
        Bob

Comment

thanks for the feed back and reviews

Comment

Originally posted by stroker View Post
            has anyone had any experience with these i was wondering how good they are I'm just building a rider and need a off set fork
            Stroker, you did not specify which outfit in Poland. I believe there are a few companies in Poland making vintage Motorcycle parts.

Comment

the premium one from classicbikehd on ebay

Comment

I have bought two inlines and one offset. The first set was the worst only because they did not have casting numbers . Now I believe they all do although I'm not sure if you can ask for particular one or they just use the most popular codes. I have done much comparing and have yet to see a shifty part made in Poland. Or should I say Europe . They have been working on an exact copy of 1940 thru 46 tanks. Not in Poland but a European country. Im really impressed. They are using the origional harley blueprints to construct them and as far as I have seen from the other stuff this manufacturer has created. They shod be perfect and made in quantities so not to run out. This is a fact. They are suppose to be out this summer. This guy said everything because he knew I was just getting ready to donate a set of tanks to another tank manufacturer so they could start making some for all of us who don't want to spend ridicules $ for stock ones.. I will tell everyone at the end of July if they haven't found out by then. Also I told him I wanted two from the first run for me and if your completing a project. This would be the kind of quality to save u 6 or 7 grand. .
                . Kind of got off subject but the only thing I didn't didn't the offset front-end was the lettering on the shock. It might be good but was a little different from what I had seen in our last 2 volume Bible. But it really did look like Gabriel shocks. PS THEY WERE INCLUDED ON FRONT END AT NOEXTRA COST. NOT SURE WHY OR IF THATS STILL THE WAY THEY DO IT BUT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING . ????? DONT GET IT

Comment

Working...
                X