Early 36 Oil tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early 36 Oil tank?

filedata/fetch?id=295064&d=1641860460&type=thumb This oil tank has the flat top of an early 36 but the welds look later. I bet it had an interesting life. I’m trying to tell if it started life in 1936 or not. Thoughts?
    Attached Files
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    Last edited by edgemont; 01-10-2022, 08:38 PM.

Edgemont:

I don't know about Knuckle oil tanks but I was reviewing the upcoming auction on:
    Vanderbrinkauction.com
    There is a 37-38 listed that looks alot like your (at least to me).
    Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
      Edgemont:

I don't know about Knuckle oil tanks but I was reviewing the upcoming auction on:
      Vanderbrinkauction.com
      There is a 37-38 listed that looks alot like your (at least to me).
      Good Luck
      Thanks for telling me about the auction. The tank they have looks like a 38. Fittings and the top are different from early 36.

Comment

Look to be the real deal to me. There was a Service Bulletin advising riders in cold climates to puncture/slice open that screen inside the tank.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
          Look to be the real deal to me. There was a Service Bulletin advising riders in cold climates to puncture/slice open that screen inside the tank.
          thanks Chris.

I’ve always wondered if I should cut those screens out. My luck the screen would break up and gouge my cylinders.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
            Edgemont:

Vanderbrinkauction.com
            There is a 37-38 listed that looks a lot like your (at least to me).
            Good Luck
            If anyone is interested, I talked to Yvette Vanderbrink this week about this auction. I live in Dallas and was going to run up to MO next weekend for it. I asked her about what types of Indian parts they had that would NOT be in the online auction. They have an Online/Onsite portion and then an Onsite only portion. She said all the Indian stuff was put online and there will be no Indian parts in the onsite only auction. She did say there will be tons of HD stuff that will NOT be in the online auction, so if you are looking for HD, it might be worth going (and no...this is not a setup to keep other Indian guys from going ;-) ) . Since I was looking for Indian, I have decided to take my 16 hours of driving back to spend on other projects! Already having two Indian projects is hard enough, and that Four they have is a little more than I would want to take on.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X