Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fender lamp ( light)

Hi there,
    how do you ID if its original or not.... any GUIDE mark or shape or whatever ...
    please advice, tks Shin
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

As far as I know, Guide fender lamps for HD were stamped PH-6 along the right side "skirt" of the lamp. Indian bikes from the same era used an identical fender lamp, yet there are no stampings on Indian fender lamps of this style. Chrome plated brass.

What I do not know: A) were all HD fender lamps from this era stamped Guide PH-6? and B) were unstamped fender lamps of this style always for Indian, or did Guide only put the stamp on factory production lamps for HD and un-stamped for their parts business? (...you've got contracts with other suppliers?)
    Last edited by pisten-bully; 09-25-2021, 07:44 PM.
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

I also know I sold an original fender lamp of this style to a fellow for his 30's Knucklehead, cost was what I had in it...less than $100. We discussed at length the missing PH-6 on it but he purchased it anyway. I was trying to help a fellow enthusiast...he never said thanks. (...originals are quite pricey)
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

The PH-6 only appears on postwar light starting in '47. Early lights, both H-D and Indian were unmarked.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I know the real ones I've had a magnet wont stick to the cover.

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
            I was trying to help a fellow enthusiast...he never said thanks. (...originals are quite pricey)
            That really sticks in my craw (whatever that means). I've had people offer me good parts without knowing how valuable the part is, and it's different if they are somewhat aware of what they have (good deal alert !). But, the devil can be on one side saying, "keep your mouth shut", and the angel on the other side is saying, "you won't sleep tonight if you don't at least tell them what they have. It tells you a lot about someone, and if they are in the hobby for good reasons, or selfish reasons. I know people that brag about screwing poor old folks out of valuable stuff and they sleep just fine. Regardless - you have to follow your own path.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
            X