Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help

Does anyone have a template or measurements for notching the rear fender on a 40’s era knuckle for the siren? Any help would be much appreciated as I want to measure twice and cut once.

Originally posted by 2Knuckles View Post
    Does anyone have a template or measurements for notching the rear fender on a 40’s era knuckle for the siren? Any help would be much appreciated as I want to measure twice and cut once.
    I have a fender I could measure if you still need it. Jerry

Comment

Well, good news and bad news for you. I have three different fenders (4 counting the one on my Police UL) with siren holes I can photograph and measure for you. The bad news is comparing them every single one is slightly different. Measured from the bottom edge on the rolled raised portion I get one at 3-3/4, one at 4-1/8, and a third at 4-3/8. All are factory punched holes on OEM fenders. I have a couple of flaps as well and they vary too, one greatly different. All the slots seem to be fairly consistent in width and length, just the height on the fenders varies. The slots are all about 1-1/4 wide and the shaft is only about 9/16 so maybe they didn't worry too much. Not unlike the toolbox to fender hole which is unique to each bike.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Instead of "measurements", Folks,...

Form a piece of sturdy paper over that part of the fender, and mark indices at appropriate bolt holes or whatever, and then use dirty fingers to form and mark the fender's edges...

...To make a template.

I've made one for '49 Sergeant Stripes!

.....Cotten
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-14-2021, 03:51 PM.
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I definitely still need some measurements or a template. It was a police bike when it started life ( 1945 FL Knucklehead ) rear fender is original but notch has been patched. I don’t really want to take fender off do try and reveal old notch but simply just cut and notch a new spot. Rubone, I wonder why different measurements? Would any of them work for me? I have the original 38r Sterling siren for it.

Comment

Working...
          X