Big Twin Frame Drain / Weep Holes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Twin Frame Drain / Weep Holes?

While going over my big twin frame for my 39 knuckle project and getting it ready for media blasting, I noticed two small holes (approx. 3/32 diameter) on the underside of the top rear frame tubes, just ahead of the seat post (picture attached). They appear to have been there for a long time, possibly from the factory, as that section of the frame still has old / possibly original paint remaining. Would these holes have been put there by the factory during frame assembly? If so, might there also be or should there be other similar holes elsewhere in the frame tubing? Any thoughts / information would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob

412DCE72-23B2-41FA-99D9-1C988B4C6A51.jpeg

Yes, those holes were placed there by the factory. There are other holes as well. One on the bottom of the frame tube below the backbone. One on the upper fender mounting cross brace tube and one on each side of the lower frame rails underneath where the trans mounts. I believe these were in these locations for of gassing from those enclosed tube areas during the brazing process.

Comment

That makes sense. Thanks for the information!

Comment

Working...
      X