47 Knuckle Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47 Knuckle Generator

Considering going with a Cycle Electric 273-1457 6V Generator W/Regulator. Has anyone in the group had any experience with them? IMG_0312.JPGIMG_0314.JPG My bike is far from a 100 point bike. The appeal is more modern technology.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by 47Knuckle47; 02-01-2021, 03:37 PM.

I installed several, 47!

But I would suggest their 'standard' generator with an external regulator, instead of the end-mount models that usually interfere with a footclutch.

Their solid state regulators mount easily on a plate beneath the generator, and you will want a "low-voltage" model for batteries in hot oil tanks.

Good luck!

....Cotten.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Thanks Tom.
      I noticed the option you are referring to on their website.
      BTW - One of your floats is being used the bike.
      Tim

Comment

Originally posted by 47Knuckle47 View Post
        The appeal is more modern technology.
        Just curious, how much more modern technology is a CE generator versus a rebuilt 32E (converted to 2 brush) with a solid state regulator?
        Last edited by Peter Cooke; 02-02-2021, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Cooke View Post

Just curious, how much more modern technology is a CE generator versus a rebuilt 32E (converted to 2 brush) with a solid state regulator?
          I've run both and noticed no difference. Both ran flawless. I think people are scared of generators and it is easier to buy new and mount than it is to rebuild. I have a good friend that rebuilds the OEM so that is what I do now. His rebuilds are cheaper than Cycle Electric.

Comment

I have installed 5 or 6 Ce generators and the only caused problems with the foot clutch was a "45"

Comment

Originally posted by pan620 View Post
              I have installed 5 or 6 Ce generators and the only caused problems with the foot clutch was a "45"
              Indeed, Pan620!

After an attempt on a civvy'd WLC, and a '65 FL that needed the pedal assembly shimmed out to where the bike stood up too straight on the jiffy, I gave up on ugly.

The advantage of an end-mount is some sort of feed-back safety circuit, or so Carl of CE told me, Peter. (If you never try to charge a dead battery, you shouldn't need it.)

....Cotten
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 02-02-2021, 10:51 AM.
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Thanks gents. Apologies for the hijack. I need to source a generator for my 31V and was curious as to any real benefits of the CE unit. I was already thinking along the lines of an overhauled 32E so will continue down that path as soon as I can find one.

Comment

Working...
                X