Seat Post Plunger Pin / Bushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Post Plunger Pin / Bushing

I had posted this over in the Vendor section but got no bites, so let’s try here.

Could anyone direct me to someone who could replace the seat post plunger pin, bushing and link on my Knucklehead seat post? I know the replacement parts are available, but I suspect it requires a heavy press of some sort to fully secure the new pin. Any guidance would be appreciated. Bob

Bob

I will look but I am sure it is a very simple procedure. Last time I used an arbor press but I think a hammer with an appropriate pin punch should suffuce.

Jerry

Originally posted by Holeshotbob View Post
    I had posted this over in the Vendor section but got no bites, so let’s try here.

Could anyone direct me to someone who could replace the seat post plunger pin, bushing and link on my Knucklehead seat post? I know the replacement parts are available, but I suspect it requires a heavy press of some sort to fully secure the new pin. Any guidance would be appreciated. Bob

Comment

I believe Dan Margolien covered this in Nuts & Bolts "Holes, Part 2" in the July/August 2017 mag. I can't find it archived but will ask him to post if he can.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I was able to download that issue from the AMCA main site. It was a little janky at first, it did not want to load the issue, but I kept trying and after about 4 tries I got it to load. Dan’s article was very thorough and also answered my main question, which was that a special press is not needed.

Comment

Holeshotbob, if you get in a bind drop me an email.
          pocketvalve@gmail.com
          dan
          Dan Margolien
          Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
          Www.yankeechapter.org
          Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
          X