No announcement yet.

Why do you love Knuckleheads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Big Pete will keep it running for you!

Comment

I am into Knuck's because my Dad was into them. He claimed that a 61 would run cool and smooth all day and outlast any 74 or 80. He rode it many times out west and had 80 some thousand miles on it before getting rid of it.....which he regretted many times over. I believe he had 30 or 40 thousand on it before changing plugs. The motor was never touched either which when people told him they were rebuilding there's after 5 or 10 thousand he could not understand that.I'll tell ya more later.

Comment

The conventional wisdom is that the real knuck riders like the 61.
        Mine's a 61 lower with 74 upper.
        Very sweet runner.
        Is that Downingtown, PA WackyJack??

Comment

Yes, Charlie it is Downingtown,Pa. I have lived here just about all my life. I am in the process of restoring a '47 61 cubic as my Dad would have called it. It is going to be a real project but I think worth it in the end....if there is an end!!

Comment

I'm right up the road where 23 crosses 100.
            Let me know if you need a hand.
            Unfortunately, unemployment has caused me to dump 99% of my parts, but I've been riding a knuckle for years and know my way around them.

Comment

I have a friend who lives on 345 si I know right where you are. I am going to take you up on the help if you don;t mind. I still need a speedo(good luck right) and handlebars as they are my main needs but I know I will need some little stuff too. Thanks in advance. Jack

Comment

Contact me off the bulletin board

cffrey@mindspring.com

Comment

HEY CHARLIE, FINALLY A NAME IN HERE I RECOGNIZE, IM THE GUY JUST GOT THAT 48 DASH FROM YOU, THANKS. WAS JUST IN HERE CRUISIN AROUND 5 MIN AFTER OPENING THE BOX SAW YOUR NAME .............AND FOUND OUT I CAN STILL PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER. TIME FOR A BEER

Comment

Originally posted by cheifrider
                    HEY CHARLIE, FINALLY A NAME IN HERE I RECOGNIZE, IM THE GUY JUST GOT THAT 48 DASH FROM YOU, THANKS. WAS JUST IN HERE CRUISIN AROUND 5 MIN AFTER OPENING THE BOX SAW YOUR NAME .............AND FOUND OUT I CAN STILL PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER. TIME FOR A BEER
                    Did you come across Patty Cramer up there, yet?
                    I think he goes under Fort HD Obsolete in Ticonderoga.

Comment

CHARLIE, I KNOW PAT VERY WELL , HES ONE OF THE NICEST GUYS IVE EVER MET IN THIS ANTIQUE BIKE WORLD. JUST SAW HIM A MONTH AGO AT OUR LOCAL WATERING HOLE .......ILL BET HES IN DAVENPORT RITE NOW

Comment

Tell him Captain America says "Hey".

Comment

Working...
                        X