Big Twin Springer Brake Stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Twin Springer Brake Stay

I picked up a swept fork today. I believe its had its brake stay repaired / replaced at some point. The stay has a large “E” stamped into it. See pic. Would this be a factory replacement stay, having that stamping? And possibly what year range?

Also, who is currently doing restoration work on spring forks? Was one I believe, any others?

0DF99A03-311D-42F7-BDBB-A0B76D1E404C.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Sorry, I meant to say I believe Wasco does fork work.

Comment

Wasco does it all. But what is it you are looking for? Simply check the see if its in the right place then smooth out those welds.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I’d like someone to do give it some all around love before its put back into service. It has the brake stay welds / replacement plus there are also welds around the spring perch casting. It’s been repainted at some point so there is no original paint to save, so having it blasted and checked for cracks is in order, and I’d like it checked to see if its straight. I just want to make sure its safe, serviceable and looks right.

Comment

I've straightened a few forks and have noticed the E on some. I do not know what it means. Very utilitarian fix you have there. Jerry

Originally posted by Holeshotbob View Post
          I picked up a swept fork today. I believe its had its brake stay repaired / replaced at some point. The stay has a large “E” stamped into it. See pic. Would this be a factory replacement stay, having that stamping? And possibly what year range?

Also, who is currently doing restoration work on spring forks? Was one I believe, any others?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23877[/ATTACH]

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Working...
          X