46 Knuckle values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 46 Knuckle values

Good evening to the group, I dont know a whole lot about knuckles so I thought I would ask you guys, I have a lead on a 46 E model and I'm wondering if there is a huge difference in value between the different models. Is an E worth less than an EL or F or FL are they all worth about the same or is there a big difference between them, thanks.

A knucklehead is a knucklehead. No real value difference between the different models. Early is worth more than later as a rule. Jerry

Comment

As Jerry stated. The differences are minute in the big picture. Don't expect a price savings on a low compression 61. 99.9% of the parts are the same as every other.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

More important than which "model" is how original and correct it is. Good luck!
        Last edited by mcarver; 02-04-2018, 12:10 PM. Reason: awkward wording
        Mike Carver
        AMCA #3349

Comment

Thanks for the replies,here are a couple of pics of the bike, the tanks and fenders are supposed to be original but they were painted and need put back on.

knuck2.jpgknuck1.jpgknuck3.jpg

Comment

Ouch!! Some previous owner must have worked in a chrome shop. To me it drives the value down considerably as '46 models were very plain. And need to see those tanks and fenders.
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
              Ouch!! Some previous owner must have worked in a chrome shop. To me it drives the value down considerably as '46 models were very plain. And need to see those tanks and fenders.
              Yea all that chrome is a bummer

Comment

even with all the chrome & wrong seat, muffler, tires, air horn, etc. & missing tanks & fenders, what is shown there would fetch 25k on ebay if it has a clean title.

Comment

Really depends on what type of a bike you want to have. I did a big restoration on a 1946 knuckle 20 years ago and the chrome can be a pain in the a$$ to deal with. Notice I didn't say remove, as it really can't be removed you need to treat the surface so you can properly paint. The really big issue is how much of this bike has original parts, do you know what to look for to determine this? Was at the Mecum auction earlier this month. Saw a 1946 next to a 1947 both look good from 5 feet. At the end of the day one sold for 95k and one went for 45k. The 1947 was about as perfect as can be and it pulled 95k. The other one had various aftermarket bolt on parts that were a good copy and really still a nice bike to look at and likely drive going for 45k.
                  #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Working...
                  X