Serial number ?? 47FL12514 - is it really or fake
Collapse
X
-
That number looks fine, a couple hundred over mine and close to the end of production!
-
wow your numbers are so close to mine within 40 numbers
looks same as my FL stamping.
Leave a comment:
-
I can't comment on the numbers since I don't know anything but compared to my numbers this one looks good like the others said. As far as price, $17,500 is a killer deal I think. If you do not get it could you pass the seller's info to me please? Everyone wants $30k plus these days even for bikes that are not even close to original. I paid more then that and mine didn't run and needed a lot more then this one.
Leave a comment:
-
Should be close to the date code on your engine cases. Aug/Sep 47 is 48 production.Originally posted by chopsickle View PostMy 47 is 12391. Now I've seen 3 ohv's built after mine ! I have a question, though. On a motor built that late, what should the date codes on the trans case, lid, and covers be around ? Mine are august/september of 47. Seems too close to 48 production to me.
Leave a comment:
-
Two things to keep in mind. '47 was a really big year for H-D and production ran longer than normal to fill all the orders. There was also the push to use up as much inventory as possible. I wouldn't worry a bit about it.
Leave a comment:
-
My 47 is 12391. Now I've seen 3 ohv's built after mine ! I have a question, though. On a motor built that late, what should the date codes on the trans case, lid, and covers be around ? Mine are august/september of 47. Seems too close to 48 production to me.Last edited by chopsickle; 10-06-2017, 10:59 AM.
Leave a comment:
-
17.5 is a great price for a running knuckle, even if it is a bit of a frankenknuck.
making it totally correct would break the bank, but for a rider it has the look of a nicely refurbished bike.
you certainly won't get hurt buying it for that price.
Leave a comment:
-
Not all of the motor, JP66!Originally posted by JP66 View PostSeller claims motor, frame springrr and wheels are orig.$17.5
I'd knock a grand off its value just for the O-ring manifold conversion, maybe more, as that often did damage.
Since you can see the fuel filter, I suspect there is no carb support, so the machine isn't even intact.
Good project though, for somebody with lots of expendable cash and time...
....Cotten
PS: Usually nothing annoys me more than a clutch pedal stuck in the air;
But the routing for the advance control coil might.
PPS: The routing of the sparkplug wires suggest it hasn't run much at all.
That's probably a good thing.Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-05-2017, 11:53 AM.
Leave a comment:
-
if it's not under 30k I would keep looking.
looks like it might have panhead jugs on it...to match the panhead engine guard.
Leave a comment:
-
numbers look fine.
lots of repop & incorrect parts on that bike.
it would be a good rider though, just not a amca judgeable bike.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: