1936 1000 ohv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1936 1000 ohv

Hi- what should you expect to pay for a 1936 Knucklehead - 90% complete- mechanically worn?- I have seen prices for restored bikes of this vintage go for ridiculous money- not helpful for the hobby restorer and biker.

NilsR

NilsR,
    The ebay listing shows a '36 parts bike in V-Twin frame and no title. Didn't meet the reserve with a high bid of US$60,200.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1936-Harley-...vip=true&rt=nc
    William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
    http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

Ok- so a project bike could be in the 10-20'$ range then

Best
      Nilsr

Comment

$10k to 20k "might" get you a motor with a title only.

William
        William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
        http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

A decent original frame is at least $15,000. One sold in Wauseon this year for a reported $22,000. I'd be willing to bet that a complete engine for a 36 would sell for $20,000 on ebay. I don't know where you would find a project bike for 10-20,$.

Comment

Original restored frame (if you could fine one) plus a motor after rebuild with rebuilt 32E and M-5, with some luck 40 to 50K.
            Sheet metal restored including tanks with original gas caps and shutoffs etc etc $10K.
            Original 1-2 year only springer and trans after rebuild another 10K.
            One year only front and rear brakes, brake light switch 5-10K.
            Almost mandatory repop everything from tires, exhaust, recovered seat, wiring, chains, and a shoebox of Colony hardware $5K.
            Cycleray, 9 bolt, complete dash, brake lever clutch pedal brake pedal oil tank, oil and fuel lines, floorboards, primary, front fender light, toolbox 3 Rivet Ch Grd, and a bunch of more stuff I forgot another easy 10 to 15K. Comes out to 80K on the low side.
            Then throw in your paint, plating labor etc etc etc. Easy 100K. Unless you have the stuff laying around and you can do your own bodywork, paint, welding etc.
            Good luck, 46EL

Comment

Great- thank ypu for a comprehensive reply- it would seem these bikes are highest priced in the US actually

Best
              Nilsr

Comment

Crocker & other early bikes surpass '36 knucks in value.

Comment

Yes- i was more refering to what they are worth in other countries- like bmw's being highest priced in germany

Best
                  Nilsr

Comment

I watch them all and I do not see cheap 1936 OHV's anywhere. Jerry

Comment

And an early one, even a bobber, 85 to 95K

Comment

Originally posted by 36 knuck man View Post
                        And an early one, even a bobber, 85 to 95K
                        What a nice bike! But I'd like mine with a clipped front fender. Not no fender. Wonder how a Fat Boy fender would look? Up front she seems a bit topless this way. 36EL gone wild? What next!
                        Last edited by HarleyCreation; 09-28-2016, 03:10 PM.
                        Herbert Wagner
                        AMCA 4634
                        =======
                        The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

I guess every one has their own style but I think Larry's bike looks great with no front fender. But Larry, get that missing pin-stripe on the tanks!

Comment

Larry does beautiful work, and he works hard at it. I am just astounded at what he has accomplished, and collected.
                            Eric Smith
                            AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks guys for the nice comments, the black stripe is on the tank it is just hard to see in that picture

Comment

Working...
                              X