No announcement yet.

Does anyone know who made these grips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know who made these grips?

Attached are some photos of a pair of grips currently on sale on eBay for $299. Supposedly made for knuckleheads, flatheads, and pans according to the seller.
    I have had and built several Harleys from the 1940's and 1950's over nearly 40 years but have never seen them before. Does anyone know which company made these grips, during which years were they available, and for what models were they made?
    Thanks for helping out with my curiosity.

Aftermarket, possibly Beck.

Comment

Thanks "1950Panhead" for your reply. I'm pretty sure they are not made by Beck, they do not appear in the 1950's Beck catalog I have seen. But I may be wrong.
      My regards, Rob.

Comment

Look like equipment grips to me.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks Rubone. I'm surprised that having been riding and building Harleys for around four decades, and having friends with knuckles, flatheads, pans and Indians, I've never come across these particular grips before now.
          Cheers, Rob.

Comment

they do not appear in the 1950's Beck catalog
            Check the 1941 catalog ...
            Robbie, who made grips other then beck?

Comment

I will if I can get my hands on a copy, thanks. I was actually wondering if they were even made for a motorcycle in the first place simply because, like me, none of my friends have ever come across them either. Old aftermarket grips made by Beck, CMS and Nation Bilt are all well known and documented, and reproductions are available.
              The same seller also has for sale the black grips pictured here which again I have never seen before.

Comment

Old aftermarket grips made by Beck, CMS and Nation Bilt are all well known and documented
                Are the grips id and length same as knucklehead? That would be my first guess.
                If not they could be bicycle, rototiller or anything.

Comment

Size is anyone's guess, the seller doesn't give any info. I wouldn't be surprised if they came off of a lawn mower or something. With an asking price of $299 you would expect info on the maker and what they were actually fitted on. I bought a white pair of genuine NOS Beck grips for only $62. Spending $299 on these grips is a leap in the dark.

Comment

Spending $299 on these grips is a leap in the dark.
                    No kidding, I advise against it.

Comment

Working...
                    X