42 El Brake light switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 42 El Brake light switch

Looking for a repro brake light switch and associated hardware for my EL. Seems that they are mostly the same and can get it from Teds but looking for another outlet ( I am iffy about Teds). Anybody know of some place other than Teds??
    W

I think Old Dude in Georgia has them.
    VPH-D

Comment

This guy usually has pretty good stuff http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Knuck...-/351211017279

Comment

From every indication I have seen, those year brake switches seem to have been produced by the same manufacturer. I have used the V-Twin ones with no problems.
        Lonnie Campbell #9908
        South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

They are all made by the same manufacture. Nobody in there right mind would tool up to make it once it's to market by someone else. Bob L
          AMCA #3149
          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I just finished up working on a Knuckle that had a repop black brake light switch.
            The terminal screws were gaudy looking headed chrome funky phillips head so I tried to put original screws in place.
            But they are the wrong thread so scrap that.
            Why would whoever made them go through all the trouble to repop something then scrimp on the hardware?
            Same thing with all the repop Oil Tanks 40-57 that have the oil line fittings that protrude out a half inch longer than
            the originals. Must be a "research and development" department problem?? 46

Comment

I run into the same thing and it worked maybe half a year and then quit.

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
              I just finished up working on a Knuckle that had a repop black brake light switch.
              The terminal screws were gaudy looking headed chrome funky phillips head so I tried to put original screws in place.
              But they are the wrong thread so scrap that.
              Why would whoever made them go through all the trouble to repop something then scrimp on the hardware?
              Same thing with all the repop Oil Tanks 40-57 that have the oil line fittings that protrude out a half inch longer than
              the originals. Must be a "research and development" department problem?? 46

Comment

46EL
                I've replaced the Chinese type screws on a couple of repop switches with no problems. Perhaps yours are metric thread...
                VPH-D

Comment

They get probably 35 bucks retail for the black repop. Originals sometimes on ebay go for 50 to 75 bucks.
                  Why bother fooling around with a repop. Sometimes being cheap ends up costing you more money or time.
                  Or it costs you your life when a repop switch fails and someone in a car does not see you stopped and runs you over. 46

Comment

Working...
                  X