18" cad spokes and nipples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18" cad spokes and nipples

Who is making the original style Spokes and Nipples most of the nipple sets I've seen have the long flats not the original short flats for the spoke wrench , also looking for an original 18" Rim for my Knuck
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Check with Tom's NOS parts. I recently got two sets from him. They were NOS parkerized and my plater stripped them and cad plated them. Waiting for delivery as I write this from the plater. The nipples were custom made and exact from Tom's when compared to originals I have. No one commercially makes the nipples as original otherwise. I had the same complaint about the flats. Sometimes Easy Russ has nipples.
    Rims are out there. Typically found at meets. Must know how to tell knuckle rim from 45 front. Same size, opposite spoke patterns. Kelsey-Hayes. Look at the rim with it standing up like you are sitting on the bike and nipple pointing up from the ground. Knuckle has spokes at 2 and 8 o'clock. If looking from inner tube side, just the opposite. I needed to carry this note in my phone to remember it! Be forewarned most original rims need straightening! They also come up on evil bay. Buchannans did mine.

Comment

bikerdds Thanks for the info , i found some old military stock and is currently being cad plated ..

Comment

Not sure if you're still looking for 18" wheels ... I have two that are restorable if so.
        Vic Ephrem
        AMCA #2590

Comment

Working...
        X