Front fender light GUIDE PH-6. 1935 to 1942

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front fender light GUIDE PH-6. 1935 to 1942

Does anyone make a good Reporduction of a 1935 to 1942 front fender lamp with the proper wording " GUIDE PH-6 " on it. I've bought several origional ones and there always seems to be a major problem. Any way any info would be nice.
    THANKS
    FNA

Throughout the years there have been a few different batches of repops made. But I have never seen a repop with the "GUIDE" on the side.
    I have a few housings but they are probably only barn bike suitable with some dings and dents, scrapes and scratches.
    The original lenses are hard to find now and they do make repops but they do not fit the original housings very well if I remember correctly.
    Bases in good working order are hard to find as they usually have broken studs and problems with the bulb sockets.
    And they made a few different types of them also. I try to find all three pieces seperately and piece them together.

Comment

46 EL, that's kinda what I'm doing, not out of want but out of need . In the knucklehead years did they ever offer the fender running light housing in paint or were they always chrome. If you could be presuaded to part with one of those housings depending on what you wanted. I would be interested in it but I would try to restore it ,
      Thanks
      FNA

Comment

I have seen a few black painted fender light housings on war year civilian bikes and a few in photos through the years.
        Same thing with the Knucklehead Spotlights. When I built the 44E "Patrolman" Police Bike years ago that has been
        shown in photos on the internet I found one original black spotlight.
        And to complete the bike I stripped the chrome off a brass later Spotlight and painted it black in desperation.
        As far as selling one I have been trying to keep a few of all the different lights in stock as they are almost irreplaceable now. 46EL

Comment

Thanks that's what I wanted to hear

Comment

Working...
          X