m53-a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m53-a1

What is the approximate value of a m53-a carb body only in good to very good condition. No needles, jets ect. Just body.thnx

ballpark $150-$300

Comment

Poorbiker!

I don't wheel'n'deal raw used hardware, but I do know that outfitting a bare Linkert body with typical inferior catalog offerings could easily set you back another $450, and still not be right.

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I can get it for 50-65 bucks, was thinking bout turning it around for quick sell if it was worth the effort. Someone must need one. I'm not hardly up on linkert but guy said it used to have a bomb sight venturi in it and he might still have it.

Comment

Poorbiker!

The 53-A-1 used a conventional venturi.
          Please inspect the nozzle well to see if it is the same diameter all the way to the bore, or restricted at the top like an M-53. Very few original 'bombsights' still fit bores.

....Cotten
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 01-22-2015, 07:20 AM.
          AMCA #776

Comment

Cotten,
            On the subject of venturis, you asked on another post of mine if I could see light between the venturi and bore of carb venturi (in the carb I re-did the throttle shaft on) If there is some light what is the fix for that especially if the carb is in otherwise very, very usable condition.
            Oh and thnx for the info on the venturi on the M53-A-1.

Comment

Poorbiker!

I routinely swage venturies oversize, and then lathe-cut them to a light press-fit. Often this is over the original casting bore size, as often the bore must be cleaned up for wear from the throttledisc.

The harm of a loose venturi is that it compromises the "accellerator sump" effect of the main nozzle, as will a poor fit of the nozzle spigot in its hole.

....Cotten
              AMCA #776

Comment

Cotten, that's exactly how I thought it could be done. Good to hear that that is how it's done. I have a lathe and mill and tooling to do it. I have another M74 body with no throtte disc wear and good looking bore, a couple extra used and one new venturi that fit loose, not excessive but can see some daylight. Thnx for all the info, the info sharing is great, no one knows everything, except my wife.

Comment

This is an NOS M53-A-1 and shows the factory assembly and finishes well.

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by poorbiker View Post
                    Cotten, that's exactly how I thought it could be done. Good to hear that that is how it's done. I have a lathe and mill and tooling to do it. I have another M74 body with no throtte disc wear and good looking bore, a couple extra used and one new venturi that fit loose, not excessive but can see some daylight. Thnx for all the info, the info sharing is great, no one knows everything, except my wife.
                    Let us know how it goes, Poorbiker!

....Cotten
                    AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                    X