carb choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb choices

Didnt want to start an unnecessary thread but I got a question on linkert carb choices. I have always just taken it for granted that a M-74B or just m-74 is the carb for a fl knuckle that is more or less stock. Is this the case or is there another linkert choice that works as well or performs a bit better. Of coarse we are assuming carb in hand is in good working order. opinions anyone....

4-bolt Knuckles used M25s, M35s and the M75 was an optional model on FLs. The M74 and M74B didn't exist yet. All wee adjustable high speed types as opposed to the fixed jet with trimmer of the M74/M74B.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

poorly put by me Rubone, I should have said there are alot of guys using the m74b on their knuckles, (thus the reason I am) Im guessing in most cases it was a conscious choice to install a Pan carb, maybe because they were/are more plentiful?, question might not be that open and shut for the purists, why would some chose the 74 over what came on their yr and displacement..Or if you arent a purist to yr and model would you chose one of those over any of the others...

Comment

Yes, Poorbiker,

The M74B is more plentiful by far, and since they are the latest, were usually in better condition than more veteran models.
        By now, most of those have seen enough duty to where you might as well search for a "correct" model for refurbishing, and you can always install M74B internals if you wish.

....Cotten
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
        X