throttle shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttle shaft

Well this is just random info. Been having smallish issues with my m74, nothing big just a few with the float. Bike otherwise runs good. I thought, did some work on a friends knuckle with pretty much the same setup, his just ran better, stronger through the gears.
    Decided to finally get around to changing out the throttle shaft and bushings, even though I believed the old shaft and bushings felt fine. Got bushings in and reamed then lapped and slightly polished throttle shaft and got a perfect fit.
    Did nothing else, re-installed carb and fired bike up, did an initial carb adjustment and went for ride, stopped and reset fuel mixture and took off again.
    Long story short what a difference, pulls really strong through 3-4th. Some will say "well of course" but I would not have guessed it would have made that much difference. Lesson learned....

Poorbiker!

Think how great they run when you fix everything.
    Was there much daylight around the venturi, or the throttledisc when fully closed?

Someday, we may even get the fuel economy of the day (but probably not with today's ethanol blends, of course.)

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Cotten,
      Venturi looked good, no daylight, throttle disc also good though there is some disc wear when closed, nothing bad but would be great if there was none...

Comment

Working...
      X