41 FL repop toolbox welding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 41 FL repop toolbox welding

I am putting a 41 FL together and I need some input on the toolbox bracket. I got it from Race frame engineering. It has a long tab to wrap around the frame tubes. On a 41 FL should this be wrapped over and welded on the outside top edge of the frame or cut short and welded on the inside top edge. My frame is not a 41 and a lot of the parts are not OE, and this bike will never be more than a good looking rider,but since I am putting it on I would like it to look correct. Thanks for any help

It should go over the top of the tube, the bracket upper "tab" goes past the centerline of the frame tube.
    Lonnie Campbell #9908
    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Thanks Lonnie, I just got Palmers new book today and it has a good shot of a 41 EL. This is my second resurection, I have a 51 EL that barely survived its life as a chopper.Now it looks like a 48 with an OE springer and repop sheet metal. I'll load some pics when I have time. I am sure I'll have more questions as this progresses.

Comment

Working...
      X