linkert float

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linkert float

Float question, I have been having a hard time getting my nitrel "rubber ducky" to stay put. Have tried a couple different adhesives, lasts for awhile but eventually wiggles loose, nothing has worked. What are you guys using to secure float to lever? {other than the screw} .......

All I have ever used is the screw NEVER any adhesive.

Merry Christmas

Dick in Eustis

Comment

well I cracked one over tightening it cause it also eventually shifted. I used to have a semi hardening glue/adhesive that worked great but the newer fuels ate through it. I have seen the originals with all kind of different shellac and stuff on them.
      Okay, tight is tight not sure why mine keeps shifting.......

Comment

Just the screw is all you want to use, and possibly with a star type lock washer. Being nitrophyl, it is cellular so a crack, or break will have no effect on it's ability to float.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Poorbiker!

Great care must be take with any foam float to make certain that the compression of the pivotnut/scew upon the float secures the lever, but does not crack it.
          Original pivotnuts vary in 1/32" increments, and the screw must bottom out the lever upon the pivotnut's shank securely. A simple screw and nut is doomed.
          Modern adhesives to secure the lever that survive in modern fuel are few, but "Pliobond" is available widely at local hardware stores.

And remember as the manuals specify, the float must never be grasped to bend the lever.

With a true nitrophyl float, you can merely rotate and drill broken floats with a sweet-fit hole elsewhere, and file the notch to get by without issue,...
          although an obsolete molded formula float is still subject to swelling if you stop at the wrong pump.

....Cotten
          PS: Happy Holidays All!
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-24-2014, 09:35 PM.
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

thnx. for the replies. Ya have had a difficult time with some adhesives. Will try the pliobond. And ya everyone learns the hard way on bending for float for level. Usually lazy is the cause, lol. remember, keep calm and read the directions.....

Comment

I know I'm late to the game here, but I had success with a dab of Permatex #1. No problem with that so far. Randy

Comment

Working...
              X