Dash Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Identification

Can anyone help in the identification on some differences in dash plates.
    A member posted the following pictures of his restored dash plates some time back and I noticed that one had a true rectangular cut out and one did not.
    Both of my dashes have a uneven cutout. Can anyone tell me the difference in years.
    The red writing in the boxes was put there by me when I was emailing a friend to see if he knew. The red writing is not factual but was posed as a question.

Steve Little
    Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
    Australia.
    AMCA member 1950

Steve,
    The early (36-37) dash had a mechanical hand stop for the police speedo. The cutout for it is different than the electric (solenoid) type hand lock. The spacers on the screws are from '39 up. Each early dash, '36, '37, and '38 are unique to their respective years.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks Robbie. What year did my style (pictured) start? They have the spacers on the screw lugs but still have the dash light switch.
      The unit on the left has since had the foreign hole welded up and I bought a Colony rebuild kit to replace the contact strip.

Regards Steve
      Steve Little
      Australia.
      AMCA member 1950

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
        Steve,
        The early (36-37) dash had a mechanical hand stop for the police speedo. The cutout for it is different than the electric (solenoid) type hand lock. The spacers on the screws are from '39 up. Each early dash, '36, '37, and '38 are unique to their respective years.
        No need to answer that. I just re read your reply with my mind engaged and saw (The spacers on the screws are from '39 up.)
        Thanks for the advice.
        Regards Steve
        Steve Little
        Australia.
        AMCA member 1950

Comment

Working...
        X