Looking to trade: 1938 BT frame for 1939 BT frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to trade: 1938 BT frame for 1939 BT frame

Looking to trade a very nice 1938 Big Twin Frame for a similar condition 1939 Big Twin Frame.

Checking the hallmarks against Palmers new edition, it appears my frame is a 1938.

The frame has all castings / forgings un-molested. The tool box mount, and rear fender mount behind the transmission have been repaired / replaced by an expert frame man and is all strait an ready to go. I would rate the condition of this frame as a very solid 9 out of 10.
    PM or email me if interested.

The frame is trade only and not for sale.
    Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

I should also add that I'd be more than happy to just buy a 1939 frame if a trade doesn't work for you. If it is a purchase and not a trade, then the 1939 frame does NOT have to be in the same very good condition as my 1938 frame.
    Mark
    Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

Comment

I'd be more than happy to buy your '38 frame when you buy a '39. thanks-Bob

Comment

Originally posted by MMasa View Post
        Looking to trade a very nice 1938 Big Twin Frame for a similar condition 1939 Big Twin Frame.

Checking the hallmarks against Palmers new edition, it appears my frame is a 1938.

The frame has all castings / forgings un-molested. The tool box mount, and rear fender mount behind the transmission have been repaired / replaced by an expert frame man and is all strait an ready to go. I would rate the condition of this frame as a very solid 9 out of 10.
        PM or email me if interested.

The frame is trade only and not for sale.
        Mark. Is your 1939 engine early, mid, or late?
        Regards Steve
        Steve Little
        Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
        Australia.
        AMCA member 1950

Comment

Steve
          The VIN is in the 3400's (39EL34xx). Is that mid or late?
          Mark
          Mark Masa
          www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Mark, I would call that, mid to late. The highest, vin. I have seen is 39EL39xx
            that was the op bike, with the shipping crate, that sold on e-bay a few years ago
            Regards, Lee

Comment

Hi Mark. Early 1939 still used the 1938 frame with the number 3 revision neck and the welded cap, axle carrier. I was checking to see if your engine may have suited your frame, but it is a couple thousand outside acceptable range.
              Good luck on the search.
              Steve Little
              Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
              Australia.
              AMCA member 1950

Comment

Hi Mark did you see my pm to you ,It's a late 39 frame.
                let me know.
                dennis49

Comment

Dennis
                  Just saw it and sent a PM back.
                  Mark
                  Mark Masa
                  www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Working...
                  X