Knuckle tins sealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knuckle tins sealer

I'm asking, what is a good sealer for under the spring cups on Knuckleheads, i used to have pretty good luck with permatex#2. Carl Olsen told me at Wausean last year about a 3M product but i forgot its call letters. Mine have begun to leak pretty bad.

I use 3m 800 available at appliance repair shops only, it is used for a sealer for clothes dryers and looks a lot like weather strip adhesive, but works the best. Make sure your tins do not have cracks, your tins are flat on the bottom, no paint on the heads or the bottom of the tins, your lines do not have blockages and pressure tested, and tins are properly aligned and you should be able to solve your leaks. It is a lot of work, but is the key to a successful rebuild on your heads.
    Carl
    http://www.carlscyclesupply.com

Comment

Thanks Carl, i had that written down but lost it im ordering some now. Tins are flat, but painted , ill remove that and try again. Thanks again.

Comment

What a timely question and response! My front head is leaking and I'm planning to take it apart (again) next weekend. I've always used No. 2 Permatex and have painted those head and cup areas. Apparently that's not the way to go. Thanks for the tip Carl.
        Bill Pedalino
        Huntington, New York
        AMCA 6755

Comment

Working...
        X