1937 Knucklehead Dash Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 Knucklehead Dash Base

I was recently told someone was at one time selling repop 1937 Dash Bases? Anybody out there see or buy one?

How close to the originals were they? Reason I ask is I just found a 37 base that kind of looks to good to be true??

The only thing I see on it that is different from another original one I have is the piece that is riveted to the base that runs up and under the speedo light bulb.

This one is held in place with 2 tiny screws with nuts instead of rivets. Wondering it this in common to a repop if any were made?

Or did someone just modify an original to make the light for the speedo work again?? Thoughts? 46EL

base plate

try AAOK on ebay that is where I bought mine

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
    I was recently told someone was at one time selling repop 1937 Dash Bases? Anybody out there see or buy one?

How close to the originals were they? Reason I ask is I just found a 37 base that kind of looks to good to be true??

The only thing I see on it that is different from another original one I have is the piece that is riveted to the base that runs up and under the speedo light bulb.

This one is held in place with 2 tiny screws with nuts instead of rivets. Wondering it this in common to a repop if any were made?

Or did someone just modify an original to make the light for the speedo work again?? Thoughts? 46EL

Comment

Originally posted by flathead tom View Post
      try AAOK on ebay that is where I bought mine
      And you will be waiting a long, long time!
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Hello Bob! Asked around in my circles for the frame you are lokking for and no luck here!

Someone gave me the V-Twin part number 39-0156 for the 37 dash BASE and I googled it.

I know now the dash base I found is real.

The repop is somewhat usable but no where near the original as it does not even have the post for the light installed.

Thanks everyone who helped. 46EL

Comment

Working...
        X