L&W Body Front (three piece )fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L&W Body Front (three piece )fender

Can anyone say how good or how bad the repo front fenders from L&W Body are. It is for a springer with narrow braces but am mainly wanting someone who has used them before to tell me , before I purchase one
    Thanks FNA
    Last edited by Sidehacker; 03-24-2014, 10:13 AM.

Might check with Tom Feeser at Replicant Metals as they were coming out with narrow brace front and rear fenders early this year or late last year. Anything they make is a dead on fit and no beatin and banging to get it to mount up. Their attention to fit and detail is excellent as anyone who has used their JD or VL stuff will attest. I have heard the L&W stuff is good but might need some minor fitment work. Do tell what you end up doing as I am interested too.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA #12766

Comment

Tom ,
      I've been waiting for mr Feeser for over a year I've texted him so many times about wanting a front and rear out of the first run that I think he probably has me on speed dial. LoL I have seen his stuff and it's defi Italy quality but he has been having trouble getting his dies made. I guess it takes a true craftsman to make good useable dies plus I think on the rear fenders there is a few variations and he's making sure he's got all of them. Having said all that I just checked and I haven't talked to Tom Feeser since January. So I will text him again and see if he might have the fronts done. I will let you know but still need a answer For L&W Body's three piece
      Thanks. FNA

I am adding this Tom Feeser just got back to me, what he say is as follows. " Keith, Constant progress but no finished pieces as yet Soon ! Thanks for enquiry. Tom "

That's the long and short of it FNA
      Last edited by Sidehacker; 03-24-2014, 04:30 PM.

Comment

FNA,

Thanks for the update on Tom Feeser and his fenders. I am waiting on them from him since originals are out of site $$$$$ and I have several projects that need them. I had given him a rear a couple of years ago to swap out the wide braces for narrow ones and he did an excellent job and at a reasonable price. In fact so good a job Larry Medwig wanted to use it for a template to do fenders from. I think I will wait on Tom at this point since I know what the end product will be like. If you try the L&W ones let us know how it works out. Like I said from what I have heard they are close but need minor work but considering the alternative may be the best you can get right now. Personally I can't afford originals that I have to completely redo. Too expensive to start with and too much work involved for me when you do get them.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
        AMCA# 12766

Comment

I also called Tom and ask if he could put the finishing touches on the braces for a stock 46 rear fender that I have spent more money on than my first Police Special . ( that's another story) Anyway he's no longer taking any private work because he's spending all his time developing products like the fenders so before anyone reads this thread and goes out looking for Tom Feeser to work on your braces , it's a no go
          Thanks. FNA

Comment

FNA,

Yea when Tom gave me back my fender a couple of years ago he said he had a lot of guys then wanting the same thing after they saw how it turned out. He told me then that he wasn't going to take in any more of that kind of stuff since it would take too much time from his other stuff. Glad I got it done by him when he was receptive. On one hand I can't say as I blame him but just shows you that if a guy could achieve the same results as him then he might have plenty of work out there.
            Please update us as to how this goes and also if you find any good 41-46 tanks out there. I have a number of projects that could use quality sheet metal and since they will all be riders and I can't afford original stuff I am definitely in the market so I can get these moved further along.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
            AMCA # 12766

Comment

Tom ,
              I am searching every where including over seas for a good repo set its only a matter of time before some one makes an affordable set since they are in such high demand. What is really interesting is everyone who say they make them ( over seas anyways) they are either getting them from the same place v-twin is or they are just buying them from v- twin. After seeing a few sets you can pretty much spot them from afar.
              And one more piece of info that Tom Feeser gave me that is probably pretty well known, he recommended Larry Medwig, to do the brace work. But said he has a pretty long waiting list. When I tried to call his 440 number was not working. Does anyone have his e-mail or new number. E-mail would be preferable for first contact though.
              Thanks FNA

Comment

I have purchased sidecar parts including a full fender from Merle of L&M in Pennsylvania. His work is very good and yes sometimes you'll need to do some work yourself as it's not an OEM part. With that being said he's good at using the correct gauge and rivet or spot welds and bends as was done from factory. I'm a 240lb guy and I can sit comfortably on my fender when parked like it was built for. I've been very pleased with his business ways and he's consistent within the AMCA. He's usually at Oley every year with his large Trailer display.

Comment

Sidehacker, Check your PM for Medwig contact info. Fred.
                  Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

I have decided to get a 46 front fender with narrow braces from L&W. Mary I guess is Merles wife and she quoted me $350 plus shipping.
                    If you call and you don't get an answer I think Merle is having medical issues and they have a lot of pointments to make, so ke calling back till u get somebody. Mary is very polite and nice to do business with. She also mentioned he is getting behind in work because of all the doctor visits so be patient . They seem to be real good people.

Comment

Sidehacker ,I am also interested in one front fender from L&W.can you update this thread with text and picture ?
                      Thanks !!

Comment

I stand behind Merle.
                        Hope he is doing ok. Our prayers are with him.
                        AMCA #765

Comment

Len, I wasn't aware that Merle was having problems. I used to be his next door neighbor at the old AMCA Howard Johnson's meets in Orlando back in the 70s and 80s.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                          X