Correct front fender lamp for 1937 & 1939 el

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct front fender lamp for 1937 & 1939 el

Can somebody tell me what the correct front fender lamp would be for the 1937 and 1939 bt models? I've always thought they should have the guide-ph4 stamped on the covers, white milk glass lenses, and bases with the hole for the wiring inline with bracket studs. Thanks

Anybody???????????? The late Ken Pressen contended the stamped covers (GUIDE PH-6) were not correct for the early ELs, but everyone else in the hobby seems to think so. I would like someone to provide a definitive answer for the correct components. Thanks

Comment

Shane I'm not sure either but I do know there are some with PH6 and some without due to the stamp wearing out. I also know there are definitely early and later versions and it has to do with the mounting bolt locations and how the wire feeds from the light through the fender.

Tom(Rollo) Hardy
      AMCA #12766

Comment

I don't have any definite proof but both original paint 36EL's I have seen in person and 4 original paint 37's and an original paint 39EL all had fender light covers WITHOUT the PH-6 stamp. My opinion is that the PH-6 light cover came out in the panhead era. Besides the Cycleray headlight guide did not mark any lights that were used on HD's until the DH-49 light, Maybe they started marking all of there lights in this era?? I have no proof of that just a thought. I had an original paint 1 owner 51FL that had a PH-6 marked fender light and I have also seen several 50's panhead sidecars with PH-6 sidecar fender lights.

I personally don't believe the whole "die wore out theory".

Comment

Working...
        X