74ci Piston Height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 74ci Piston Height

I’m looking for dimensions from wrist pin to edge / deck (not dome) of pistons.

My aftermarket low compression pistons sit down in the cylinders, about 0.2”. Top of pin bore to piston top edge approx 0.92”.
    My previous aftermarket high compression pistons have a higher deck height and higher dome. Top of pin bore to piston top edge approx 1.1”.

For FL pistons being produced, will the deck height vary with compression ratio or is the compression height only controlled by dome height / profile?

Stroke is correct - 3 - 31/32”
    Cylinder Height – 5.52”

Any measurements would be appreciated.

No one has an old Knucklehead piston lying around?
    Or in the process of a build?

How about recollection of your assembly to comment if the stock low compression piston does, or does not come up to the top of the cylinder (by almost .2”)?

Comment

photo (3).jpg hope it helps
      gww57.com

Comment

Sorry I did not see your question, I have many different nos knuckle pistons in stock, both 61 and 74. I do have some reproduction pistons also. the best I can do is try to see if I can tell a difference in height by putting the wrist pin half way in both pistons and give you a side by side number. The 1 inch shown on ruler above looks right, but you are correct the dome height will raise or lower compression. also the ring travel usually stops 1/4 to 3/16 below top edge of Cylinder. Let me know if you need more info. Shelby

Comment

Working...
        X